Wednesday, August 26, 2009

So, here's the thing...

I cannot not eat some things. What I mean is that, if I'm wanting something...like, needing wanting...I am better off to just eat it, in appropriate portions, than to deny my obsession. Because, let me tell you, said obsession will not leave. You may thing it's on its way out. You may even see it head for the door. But I assure you, all of that is fuckery in its finest form.

Case in point, I thought about donuts for days. No secret that I'm a big fan of the sweets. I'm a fan of anything yummy really, but I digress.
Finally, I got one. ONE. I have never in my life had just one of anything and certainly not a donut. But I did this time. And I am stoked about it. I assure you that had I continued to fantasize about its chocolate covered goodness, I would have ended up with a dozen on my desk serving as breakfast, snack, lunch, and snack.

And you know what else? I feel more victorious in eating one, that I would have if I had had none. True Story.

So the moral of the story? Be good to yourself. What may appear to be a step backwards at first glance, could actually be a foundation for many many steps forward.

P.S. I'm rocking. 8lbs. Gone. Poof. Hasta never, bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment